MOURNING AIR PROJECT
I put together a group of students to enter the Vancouver 48 hour filmmaking competition. We won Best movie and best actress. This was an amazing experience for me as a teacher and as a filmmaker. See above.
Universities I have work at :
Creative Director: Resolution Design & VFX
20 + years experience
Teaching & Lecturing
Monash University : undergraduate and masters
RMIT : masters
Billy Blue College of Design : undergraduate
The Art Institute of Vancouver: undergraduate
Lecturer / Instructor In the Design, Creative Direction and Animation
Developing multiple course syllabus
Developing tutorials and lectures
Group teaching in studio classes
Teaching at different levels of knowledge
Teaching pre developed course materials
Studio and Project Management
After Effects / Animation Principles
Opening Titles Design Process
Graphic Design Portfolio Development
VFX Final Portfolio Delivery
Animation Final Portfolio Delivery
Advanced Photoshop For Print
Dvd Studio Pro
Managed and mentored a group of students in a short film competition
Designed a project that engaged with small business
Developed and taught an introductory course for high school students
Training and mentoring young designers and animators
Working with senior designers and animators
to bring out the best of their abilities
Training both young and mature staff with a broad
range of expertise in techniques and processes
Explaining ideas, creative concepts and technical
processes to management and clients
Federation University Graphic Design / Multimedia 2008
KEY NOTE SPEAKER
Paste-Up, Victorian Regional Design Conference 2010
Master of Motion - Founder : Editor and Curator
Masters of Motion is a non-for-profit website, social media channel, and podcast that provides the world with a insight into the Australian and New Zealand animation industry. Comprising of an online gallery featuring outstanding motion design, animation and visual effects work. Our mission is to celebrate Australia's motion artists and to inspire the next generation of motion designers, animators, visual effects and 3-D artists.
My teaching style is demanding but fair.
- Successful teaching requires passionate and enthusiastic leadership with positive encouragement based learning.
- Students are encouraged to take risks and experiment, as some of the best learning comes from making mistakes.
- It is important to introduce the work practices and behaviour of business into a design course.
- Being balanced in your work/home life allows you to deliver high-quality work over a long period.
- Students are encouraged to think internationally and aim for the top.
COURSE GUIDES AND BRIEF
- Brief - Titles Process
- Course Outline - Titles Process
- Brief - Typography
- Course Outline - Typography
- Brief - Art Direction
- Course Outline - Art Direction
- Brief - Animation and VFX
- Course Outline - Animation
- Class Plan - Folio Development